Brandon eats meat, I do not. I have been giving Rowan meat and meat substitutes. For this meal, I will make the chicken and use chicken-less strips from TJs. I will let you know how it went.
Via: My Recipes and Cooking Light
Couscous with Artichokes, Feta, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 1/3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked Israeli couscous
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast and/or chicken-less strips (microwave or sautee first)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine 2 cups water and tomatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 3 minutes or until water boils; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and chop; set aside.
- Place 1/3 cup water and vegetable broth in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients. At this point I would separate the ingredients into two pans, add the chicken to one and chicken-less strips to the other.